Complete India’s Squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
ICC T20 World Cup 2021: The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 which was earlier expected to be staged in India has now been officially shifted to the UAE and Oman, informed the BCCI and ICC earlier.
The qualifiers of the T20 World Cup will be held in Oman and UAE while the all-important matches will be conducted in the UAE, starting October 17.
The mega flagship event of ICC will be held in the window of October 17 to Number 14.
The complete schedule and the fixtures are yet to be announced.
Here in this article, we will talk about India’s probable squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
Complete India’s Squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021:
India will not be having straightforward choices to pick and send for the World Cup. Various players are putting all their efforts to somehow cement their places.
- For India, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Mohammad Shami are the automatic choices to head to the ICC T20 World Cup.
ALSO READ: ICC T20 World Cup 2021: Can Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav make a place for themselves in the T20 World Cup? Have a look at what Deep Dasgupta says
- KL Rahul will make it to the squad owing to his brilliant performance in the IPL 2021. He will be kept as the opener.
- Suryakumar Yadav, who has been showing his maturity and form in the ongoing Sri Lanka series, is also almost confirmed to get a ticket for the UAE.
Here is what Aakash Chopra said about Suryakumar Yadav, “Let me put my neck on the block, I am saying Suryakumar Yadav will be in India’s T20 World Cup team although there will still be debate and competition, but I feel he will pip somebody to the post.”
Indian selectors will also feel confident enough to pick Shreyas Iyer, Rahul Chahar and Shardul Thakur for the T20 World Cup.
- Iyer has been consistent with the Indian team, while his shoulder injury has raised the eyebrows of many. With Suryakumar Yadav performing brilliantly, his place looks in jeopardy.
- Rahul Chahar is a good option to go as the spinner. He has been in a good form in the IPL 2021 and will be a good choice to pick.
- Shardul Thakur, being bowling all-rounder, will have the advantage ahead of many pacers. He is quite handy with the bat and picks up crucial wickets in the middle overs.
- India will also love to have the services of swing bowler Deepak Chahar in the T20 World Cup. His recent innings against Sri Lanka will encourage the selectors to consider him as the all-rounder who can score runs at the backend of innings for India.
The complete squad of India for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021:
Virat Kohli ©, Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Hardik Pandya, Shreyas Iyer, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Mohammad Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah.
ALSO READ: Big Bash 2021-22 Schedule: BBL 11 Fixture, Venues, Date, Time, Teams, Captains